Community-based Neighborhood Legal Services
SeniorLAW Center provides services not only through its statewide HelpLine and by telephone and walk-in intake at its center city Philadelphia offices, but throughout the communities of Philadelphia. We are proud to provide home and hospital visits, outreaches throughout the city, special projects at community and senior centers, and at its five community-based intake sites.
Services available at all clinics in Spanish on-site and telephone interpretation services available for other languages.
SeniorLAW Center staff and its volunteer attorneys provide services to homebound, bedbound, severely disabled and chronically ill elders in their homes or at hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities, when needed.
Community Education and Special Projects
SeniorLAW Center conducts community education workshops, outreach and special legal services projects throughout community, senior and family sites in Philadelphia, including those which bring corps of volunteer attorneys to sites throughout the city to provide individual services. Check our Events page for upcoming community-based events or find out more about Community Education.
Community Legal Clinics for Senior Citizens
SeniorLAW Center offers direct services in diverse communities at five sites in Philadelphia on specified dates and times each month. Community-based services expand SeniorLAW Center’s ability to reach isolated clients and provide services in a comfortable environment in their own neighborhoods. Many of our clinics provide bilingual, bicultural legal services to language and cultural minorities.
- Juniata Park Older Adult Center
1251 East Sedgley Avenue (19134)
Services provided the first Wednesday of every month
- Mann Older Adult Center
3201 North 5th Street, Kensington (19140)
Services provided the second Monday of every month
- Norris Square Senior Citizens Center
2121-37 N. Howard Street, North Philadelphia (19122)
Phone:215-423-7241 or 215-423-7242
Services provided Third Thursday of every month
- Northeast Older Adult Center
8101 Bustleton Avenue (19141)
Services provided fourth Wednesday of every month
- Haddington Multi-Services for Older Adults, Inc.(Temporarily Closed)
Special services and resources available for veterans in Philadelphia. If you are a senior veteran please call for a free of charge appointment to one of these sites:
• West Oak Lane Older Adult Center
7210-18 Ogontz Avenue (19138)
Services provided the second Wednesday of the month
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Older Adult Center
2101 W. Cecil B. Moore Avenue (19121)
Services provided the third Wednesday the month
• Intercommunity Action/Journey’s Way
403 Rector Street (19128)
Services provided the fourth Tuesday of the month
- By providing services in the communities that need them most, SeniorLAW Center makes its services extraordinarily accessible and effective.SeniorLAW Center is always eager to expand our services to new sites and populations of elders, if resources are available. Please contact us if you have would like to pursue a partnership to create a new community clinic.