SeniorLAW Center staff conducts professional training programs attended by other professionals working with the elderly, including physicians, medical students, law enforcement officers, social workers, senior housing managers, mental health professionals, case managers, in-home care workers, and others. Through this facet of our program, we expand and bolster our efforts to prevent, identify, and address legal problems facing the elderly.
Since its founding, SeniorLAW Center has conducted professional training for thousands of professionals who work with the elderly in other fields, to sensitize them to the legal problems facing the elderly as to further expand the scope of our work.
- Avoiding Financial Exploitation
- Identifying Elder Abuse and Forms of Protection
- Avoiding Home Repair Contractor Fraud
- Grandparent Custody and Visitation
- Wills, Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Care Directives to plan for future medical care, financial decisions, and mental health needs
- Services for Homebound Seniors
- Protection for Older Consumers
Presentations are available in English, Spanish and Cantonese, and other languages upon request.
If you or your organization is interested in scheduling a community education presentation, please call SeniorLAW Center’s Office Manager, Suzanne Goodwin, at 215-988-1244. Services are free, but we gladly accept stipends to support our staff time.