1-877-PA SR LAW
The Pennsylvania SeniorLAW HelpLine is a statewide free and confidential telephone-based legal service, staffed by attorneys, providing legal information, advice, and/or referrals as well as brief services for certain areas of law, to older Pennsylvanians (60 years and older) in all 67 counties of the Commonwealth.
The HelpLine is open Monday through Thursday, 10 AM to 12 PM. Services are available in 150 languages through Language Line.
HOW WE HELP:
Attorneys provide free legal advice, information and referral on a wide variety of civil (noncriminal) legal issues, including:
- Elder Abuse and Financial Exploitation – family violence, identity theft, unauthorized bank withdrawals, credit card fraud, fraudulent deed conveyances
- Housing – foreclosures, landlord-tenant, deeds, utilities, home repair contractor fraud
- Family Law – grandparents’ rights, kinship care, custody, support, divorce
- Consumer Problems – credit, debt, bankruptcy
- Benefits – Social Security, Pensions, VA benefits
- Health Care
- Estate Planning – health care and financial powers of attorney, living wills, simple wills
- Many other areas of law