See How We Help
We serve older victims in the following Pennsylvania counties:
What We Do To Help
- Free legal representation and counsel to end abusive situations and to remove perpetrators from the homes of victims.
- Free legal representation and counsel for older adult victims of financial exploitation, including protection from and remedies to address complex financial exploitation, identity theft, fraud and other crimes.
- Free civil legal representation to address the economic security of older adult victims of crime, including spousal support actions, housing issues (including fraudulent deed transfers and ejectments) to guarantee that the senior survivor can remain in his/her home, an consumer issues (including debt collection and consumer credit problems) caused by the abuser’s economic abuse.
- Free civil legal representation for Limited English Proficient older victims of crime.
- Free civil legal representation for Older Veteran victims of crime.
- Support, advice, guidance and information/referral services for older adult victims of abuse and financial exploitation, linking them to other resources and support services, including emergency financial assistance, support groups, health services, lock changes, and other resources.
- Community education and outreach programs to help older adults recognize abuse and exploitation and know how and where to receive assistance.
- Professional education and training to sensitize those working with older adults who may experience abuse and/or exploitation and provide referral information.
- Advocacy to help stem the crisis of elder abuse and financial exploitation.
- Partnerships with victim services colleagues, law enforcement, protective services and others interested stopping elder abuse and financial exploitation.
Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline
Help is available! Call the citywide, 24-hour Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline (1-866-723-3014) anytime for crisis intervention, safety planning, resources and referrals. All calls are free, confidential and anonymous.
Women In Transition (WIT)
Provides empowerment counseling, referrals and advocacy to women in Philadelphia who are endangered by domestic violence and/or substance abuse.
National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
NCALL staff is available to provide information and resources about programming, outreach, collaboration, and policy development related to abuse in later life and elder abuse.
National Center on Elder Abuse
The NCEA provides the latest information regarding research, training, best practices, news and resources on elder abuse, neglect and exploitation to professionals and the public.